608-644-1900 | Fax 608-644-1909

Merrimac Lodi Mutual is Now Wisconsin River Mutual Insurance Company.

Providing Quality Farm and Home Insurance for over 145 years.


The products we offer to keep you, your family and business safe.

We offer the best coverage available for farm dwellings, outbuildings, grain systems, and equipment. Farm dwellings can have replacement cost coverage and replacement cost coverage for personal property just like our homeowner programs. 

In addition to standard policy features we can tailor your policy to include coverage for:

  • Peak Season Coverage
  • Weight of Ice & Snow – Collapse coverage for farm outbuildings
  • Contaminated milk coverage
  • Custom Farming Operations
  • Equipment Intake of Foreign Objects
  • Loss of Farm Income or Extra Expense
  • Rented or Borrowed Equipment
  • Water Backup and Sump Discharge or Overflow
  • Equipment Breakdown
  • And More!


Wisconsin River – Farm FAQs

Wisconsin River – Farm Loss Examples

Wisconsin River – Farms and Agribusiness

Coverage for farms that are not owner-occupied.

The Company offers Replacement Cost and Actual Cash Value coverages for homeowners that may include replacement cost for your personal property as well. A replacement cost program is also offered for qualified risks.


Wisconsin River – Home Owner Equipment Breakdown Coverage

Wisconsin River – Home Owner FAQs

Wisconsin River – Home Maintenance Tips for Spring & Summer

Wisconsin River – Winterize Your Home

Coverage for property that is not owner-occupied.

Coverage for the personal property of those who are renters or condominium owners. Condominium policies also provide coverage for that part of the building for which you are responsible.

Coverage that goes beyond the limits of your homeowner, condo or renters policy for special items such as jewelry, firearms furs, cameras, computers, silver, and other collectible items. We also offer coverage for recreational vehicles and small boats.

For those who live in mobile homes, coverage is also available for the personal property of mobile home owners or renters, as well.


Protection for the dwelling under construction or homes being remodeled. Coverage is also available for theft of building materials not yet installed in the structure.

Coverage for small businesses or family rental dwellings.

Personal liability, farm owner’s liability and commercial liability packages are available.


It’s a simple add-on coverage that fills the gaps in your homeowners insurance policy. Most homeowners insurance policies don’t cover the cost of repairing or replacing essential equipment in your home when it breaks down. But with Equipment Breakdown coverage, you can rest easy. FIND OUT MORE.